Thursday 26 February 2009

Michael Vick Released from Prison

Yep, Vick is back in the news. After last summer when his face was on ESPN more than Lebron James for the dog fighting incident, he has been let out of prison and allowed to spend his last two months of hi sentence under house arrest. Considering he was an NFL superstar this can't be the worst thing. I wonder who actually came up with this punishment.

I think now the more interesting thing is the question on how will he get back into the league. Most sports commentators at espn and si are supremely confident that he will find a place as a HB or TE, but I just do not see a franchise signing him. There has to be a point where no matter how much talent you have, it will not overshadow the negative image it gives the franchise. I mean PETA is pretty much going to set up camp outside the stadium of whichever team signs him. In an age where teams are instituting Wonderlick tests to get inside a players head to see if he will be a troublemaker, going to prison for dogfighting has to set off alarms in the heads of most GM's. 

I guess the only plausible option would be the Cowboys, but I think even Jerry Jones is getting tired of being a babysitter.

Personally I cannot wait to see what happens to Vick football wise the same way as I am curious to see what position Tim Tebow will play in the NFL. Let's just hope he has learnt that in prison he has no padding to protect him :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment